Thursday 17 April 2014

Chicken And Mushroom Pasta

Chicken and mushroom pasta served with coleslaw
Today, I'd like to share with you my recipe for Chicken and Mushroom Pasta.
I'm all about easy AND tasty recipes, and this is at the top of the list. I love pasta in any shape, form or size (size ke? No, not really-figure 8 tinz). 

I'm a pepper freak (I love atarodo/habanero!), but I've come to realise, after making a variety of pasta recipes and pasta sauces, that the best sauces for pasta should be light, and not overly spicy. I use atarodo in moderation with pasta, in fact, in this recipe, I didn't use atarodo at all, but the recipe is still fantastic (trust me, even if you don't know me from Adam!)


This recipe serves 2 (or 4 with a serving of salad or greens)

Ingredients For Chicken And Mushroom Pasta

120g of spaghetti (yes, I measure), about 1/3 of the pack in the picture.
1 cup of mushrooms, drained and sliced
1 cup of chopped tomatoes
200g of chicken breast, chopped into bite size pieces
1 tablespoon of ground black pepper
2 teaspoons of cayenne pepper powder
1 teaspoon of ground ginger
1 teaspoon of ground garlic
1 teaspoon of onion powder
1 teaspoon of white pepper (optional)
1/2 teaspoon of dried thyme
2 tablespoons of olive oil
2 stock cubes 
Salt, to taste

Cooking Method

Boil pasta according to package instructions. Drain and set aside.

Add olive oil to a wok or large pot over medium heat. Wait for 30 seconds, then add chicken.

Sauteé till the chicken starts to turn white, then add the mushrooms. Add one stock cube, stir.

After 3 minutes, add all the other ingredients, except the pasta. Stir well, taste for salt.

Simmer for 8 minutes (you don't want to overcook the tomatoes, pasta tastes much better that way).

Add the drained pasta, toss to combine, remove from heat and serve. I served mine with a quick coleslaw.

See the empty plate? The proof is in the eating.

Enjoy!

Ingredients for chicken and mushroom pasta


Saute Chicken


Add chicken to olive oil 


Saute till chicken turns white, then add mushrooms and one stock cube


After 3 minutes, add all the other ingredients, except the pasta. Stir well, taste for salt.

Simmer for 8 minutes (you don't want to overcook the tomatoes, pasta tastes much better that way)


Cooked chicken and mushroom

Add the drained pasta, toss to combine, remove from heat and serve.

 I served mine with a quick coleslaw

 See the empty plate? The proof is in the eating.

Enjoy!