Thursday 18 June 2015

Thibaut Courtois backs Chelsea move for Monaco’s Radamel Falcao

Radamel Falcao
Thibaut Courtois believes that Radamel Falcao would be an excellent summer signing for Chelsea. The goalkeeper played with Falcao at Atlético Madrid, where the striker built a reputation as one of the most lethal goalscorers in Europe.
Falcao endured a nightmarish season last time out when on loan at Manchester United, scoring four goals in 26 apperances, but José Mourinho believes that he can still show his true form in English football.
The Chelsea manager, who has lost Didier Drogba from the squad that won the Premier League title last season, is in talks with Falcao’s club, Monaco, over a possible loan deal.
Falcao also overlapped with the Chelsea striker Diego Costa at Atlético in 2012-13: the pair scored 54 goals in all competitions that season. Falcao is on record as saying that he “would like to continue in England”.
Courtois said: “I know Falcao very well. He’s a very good boy, he’s a good friend of mine so if he comes, great. It’s the decision of the club but he would be a very good player for Chelsea.”
Mourinho said this week: “If I can help Falcao reach his level again, I will do it. It hurts me that people in England think that the real Falcao is the one we saw at Manchester United. He is a great player. I don’t do the negotiations. I just tell my board, my club, the players that I am interested in, the price, what I like. And we will see what happens.”
The likelihood of a Falcao move to Chelsea has been reported by the Portugal media, the newspaper Record claiming a loan deal is imminent.